The benefits of the use of UAV technology may be summarised under three generic areas; Operational, Safety and Cost Reduction.
- No plant or equipment outrage. Normal operations can continue during UAV inspection or survey for over 95% of all scenarios.
- Reduction in risk for planned maintenance as issues can be identified and included in work scheduling.
- Higher quality information as UAVs can fly closer than manned aircraft. Problems can be identified and diagnosed rapidly.
- Higher quality information as integrated imagery (vertical and oblique photography) can be combined with Digital Terrain Mapping.
- Faster inspection times allows for problems to be more quickly resolved.
- Evidence obtained for later more detailed examination. Reduces risk of problems been ‘missed’.
- Negates, or significantly reduces, requirement to deploy large ground survey teams.
- All ‘UAVpix’ UAV Operators hold CAA approved qualifications and the company has the required permissions from the CAA.
- CAA approval always obtained prior to operating in congested areas, and clients briefed on any limitations.
- No requirement for staff to be placed at risk in potentially hazardous areas.
- Negates requirement to Work at Height. No requirement for compliance with Work at Height Regulations 2005.
- Formal risk assessments developed for EVERY task.
- Exposure risks reduce due to time saved by UAV operations.
- Imagery obtained at a fraction of the cost of manned aircraft.
- Shut down costs are massively reduced or even negated.
- Reduces number of physical site visits.
- Faster inspection times reduce staff time on ground.
- UAV operational costs known and agreed in advance. Rarely are there cost over-runs.
- Survey costs reduced as UAV can survey 100 hectares/day, or 5 wind turbines per day.
- Ground survey times are reduced by a factor of up to 50.
If you have a question or would like to get in touch about our UAV platforms and services, contact us.